Arian Foster’s first preseason catch as a Dolphin wound up going for 16 yards thanks to a nasty stiff-arm. Atlanta’s first-round pick Keanu Neal was the recipient of the veteran’s move, and more than his psyche was hurt after the play.
Neal had to be helped off the field with a right knee injury in the second quarter of Thursday night’s preseason action, but walked to the locker room under his own power. The Falcons had high hopes for the rookie safety this upcoming season, and losing him for any period of time would be a blow to their secondary.
The team later announced that Neal (knee) will not return against the Dolphins.
Here are the other injuries we are keeping track of Thursday night:
1. Miami also had a big-name defender leave the contest early. Defensive lineman Ndamukong Suh suffered an ankle injury and is questionable to come back in the game.
2. Falcons star wideout Julio Jones will not return to the game due to an ankle injury. The injury came on a play where Jones drew a pass interference call on a deep pass in the first half. Cameras later showed Jones on the sideline, so it doesn’t appear to be serious.
3. Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn left the field with a shoulder injury and is out for the remainder of the game.
4. Linebacker Jelani Jenkins has an ankle injury and is questionable to return for the Dolphins.
5. Isaiah Pead is dealing with a hamstring injury, and the Dolphins running back has been ruled questionable to return.